Jasper County Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Jasper County And Lowcountry Traffic Tickets Can Be Serious
South Carolina’s Lowcountry, including Jasper County, is one of the most unique areas in the United States and it draws people from throughout the country. Its architecture, cuisine, economy and geography have made it a tourist favorite.
As more tourists visit the area, police watch for traffic violations. We have helped thousands of clients overcome speeding and traffic tickets for more than 20 years. If you live in Jasper County, South Carolina, or out of state and police issued you a traffic ticket, call Drennan Law Firm for assistance.
Do not let a day trip through Jasper County or anywhere in the Lowcountry turn into an expensive, stressful outing.
Consequences Depend On The Details Of Your Case
Most South Carolina speeding violations are misdemeanors. However, the faster you were traveling, the higher your fine and the more points that will be added to your license.
The fines are:
- Up to 10 mph over the limit: $15-$25
- Between 10 and 15 mph over the limit: $20-$50
- Between 15 and 25 mph over the limit: $50-$75
- More than 25 mph over the limit: $75-$200 or up to 30 days in jail
Points on your license:
- Unsafe to drive or too fast for conditions: two points
- Less than 10 mph under the limit: two points
- 10 to 25 mph over the limit: four points
- Tailgating: four points
- Failure to signal: four points
- Passing illegally: four points
- Right-of-way violations: four points
- 25 mph over the limit (reckless driving): six points
- Passing a stopped school bus: six points
Speeding Is A Strict Liability Offense
With South Carolina’s strict liability law, it can be difficult to defend yourself against a speeding ticket. You can be convicted of speeding, regardless if it was an inadvertent, accidental or unintentional act. The fine could be over $400 and up to six points on your license.
Speeding may seem inconsequential, but do not fight the allegations alone. We can support your rights and help you get the best outcome possible.
Our Experience Could Make A Difference In Your Traffic Ticket Case
A traffic case might seem like something you can tackle alone, but these cases can be more difficult than you expect. The legal team at Drennan Law Firm in Mount Pleasant can manage the negative challenges. Call us at 843-352-4149 or visit our Contact page.